"just another day in the life..."

Monday, June 21, 2010

Exit Stage Left: A Love Letter to Los Angeles



i started this a few weeks ago, on an overcast day, and just finished it a few minutes prior posting it here. i feel its rather self-explanatory. hope you enjoy!

today is grey quiet and sullen
a reflection of my soul
heavy and swollen
weighted with questions
topics and emotions
heavy as anchors
and deep as oceans
tumultuous storms
wash over my mind
drowning clarity
struggling to find
my way, my path
fighting for breath
among the waves’ wrath
the shore I once knew
and loved so well
is ravaged and torn
a reflection of hell
where is the heaven
i once called home
oh Los Angeles
what have we done?
where is the promise
of golden prosperity
opportunity for all
the tired and poor
we became a charity
spread ourselves too thin
now the infrastructure
is disintegrating from within
the cost of living
is inflated
the local workforce
is degraded
underpaid
overworked
tired and jaded
business is fleeing in droves
driven off by taxes
that never trickle down
just look at the roads
throughout this town
projects lay partially completed
and take decades to finish
this state is depleted
there is nothing left
but broken dreams
smog and potholes
coming apart at the seams
god its fucking awful
i don’t want to admit it
but I gotta let her go
my City of Lights
i love her so
there is nothing here left for me
except a few loved ones
and some scattered family
so I look beyond the Sierras
for a brighter future
severing this bond
like a decayed suture
perhaps one day
i will return
as I know in my heart
i will always yearn
for the mountains, beaches, cities and sleaze
of El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles

1 comment:

  1. I would like to add you to the trusted writers section of my website
    www.niceride.com , in return I was wondering if you could post a link to
    us somewhere on your site and i will gladly do the same for you to do some
    traffic exchange.

    www.niceride.com
    rickyr92@myfairpoint.net

    ReplyDelete